We are often asked by Microsoft Office power users whether, why, and when they should use Microsoft Access versus Microsoft Excel. Especially when they are very comfortable using MS Excel and don’t understand the reasons why anyone would use MS Access or databases. We’ve written a new paper that describes the issues in detail:
- How Microsoft Access and Excel Empower Information Workers
- Advantages of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
- Disadvantages of Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
- Advantages of Microsoft Access and Databases
- Disadvantages of Microsoft Access
- How they Should Work Together
For more information, visit Microsoft Access versus Microsoft Excel for Data Analysis and Reporting (Spreadsheets vs. Databases).