We are very pleased to announce that Total Visual Agent 2013 is now shipping.
Don’t Forget System Administration for Microsoft Access Database Solutions
A professional Microsoft Access database application needs ongoing system administration. It’s an area that many MS Access developers neglect and causes problems when things go wrong (database corruption, missing backups, disaster recovery, etc.):
- Microsoft recommends periodic database compacts and repair to maintain optimal performance and avoid database corruption.
- Our recommendations for Creating a Backup and Disaster Recovery Plan for Microsoft Access Database Applications.
Enterprise Quality System Administration with Audit Logs and Email Alerts
Total Visual Agent has provided an Enterprise Quality solution for almost 20 years by giving organizations a reliable way to perform their critical tasks on a 24/7, 365 days a year basis. A detailed audit log documents each action that is performed, and sends emails if errors are encountered.
Schedule Events, Databases, and Actions to Perform
Total Visual Agent automates and schedules Microsoft Access tasks. It ensures repetitive tasks are completed reliably. Tasks such as database compact and repair, zipped backups, rolling backups (e.g. 7 copies for each day of the week), running macros, running Windows command lines, making copies of table data, collecting database statistics such as size and record counts, etc. Easily schedule tasks for the middle of the night and know they’ll be completed.
Events can be scheduled every X minutes, hourly, daily, weekly, monthly or just one time. You can specify the days of week and time periods that it runs to limit processing to off-hours. Select the databases and directories (including subdirectories) to manage with support for workgroup security and database passwords.
Includes a Windows Service for Secure Processing and Reliability
Once defined, the events and tasks can be run by our Monitor program that is a standard Windows program.
Alternatively, Total Visual Agent includes a Windows Service, so you can run your tasks without having anyone logged on the machine. The Windows service is a more secure, robust solution since it can automatically restart if the machine reboots.
New Features in the 2013 Version
A huge number of new features were added in this 2013 release from the previous 2007 version:
- Support for Microsoft Access 2013 and 2010, plus 2007
- Support for 64 bit Operating Systems
- Simplified Startup and Easier Management of Multiple Microsoft Access Versions
- Import Settings from Multiple Versions of Total Visual Agent
- Test All Actions for an Event, Database, Directory or Task Group
- Create Events that Run Every X Minutes
- Create Events that are Limited to Periods Spanning Midnight
- Process Directories with Managed Databases
- Data Extract Tables are Keyed
- Run Macros for Database Password Protected Databases
- Pause for a Fractional Minute
- Compressed Archive File Names Support Multiple Extensions
- More Detailed Activity History Log with Deletions
- More Detailed Database Statistics with Deletions
- Add Your Comments to Events, Directories, and Actions
- Simplified Addition of New Actions
- More Modern and Improved User Interface
- New User Manual and Help File
For complete list, visit New Features in Total Visual Agent 2013.
Download a Free Trial Version
A fully functional trial version is available for download so you can run it on your system with your databases.