Microsoft Visual Studio LightSwitch for Microsoft Access, SQL Server, and Visual Studio .NET Database Developers
The Visual Studio team has introduced a development platform called LightSwitch which simplifies the creation of database applications in Visual Studio. This rapid application development environment lets you create solutions that can be easily deployed on Windows or Mac platforms from a public web site or Intranet.
We’ve been using LightSwitch for the past year and find it to be ideal for a particular class of SQL Server based solutions. Here our first article providing an overview of the benefits and limitations of the LightSwitch platform for the Microsoft Access community. The paper includes:
- Sample screens
- The Visual Studio .NET Platform
- Working with SQL Server and SQL Azure
- Rapid Application Development
- Silverlight Dependency and Limitations
- Supporting Windows, Mac, and Web Browsers
- Future Support of HTML5
- How Microsoft Access Applications can Evolve into LightSwitch
If you’re interested in learning more about our help developing custom solutions based on LightSwitch, visit our LightSwitch Consulting page.