An update of Total Visual CodeTools 2010 is released with support for Microsoft Office/Access 2010, 2007, 2003 and Visual Basic 6.0. Several enhancements were made to improve the New Procedure Builder, VBE color scheme builder, icons for the toolbars, setup program and IDE integration, etc. Here are the details on the enhancements of Total Visual CodeTools version 14.00.0039.
Total Visual CodeTools is an add-in to your Office/Access/VBA and VB6 integrated development environment (IDE) that helps you write, clean-up and deliver better solutions. Available from the IDE menu or a toolbar, a variety of tools help increase your efficiency and consistency when writing code and taking over someone else’s work. Features include:
- Code Builders to create new procedures, properties, ADO and DAO recordsets, message boxes, select case statements; convert SQL strings, copy control event procedures, use the Format and DateDiff functions, comment blocks of text, etc.
- Cleanup Existing Module Code by adding Option Explicit, standardizing formatting, adding error handling to procedures that lack it, rename variable names to your convention, etc.
- Deliver Modules with Line Numbers plus obfuscation
- Find Unused Variables to pinpoint unnecessary code
- Macro Recorder for playing back keystrokes while editing
Registered customers should have received email notification with download instructions of the update.
We are very pleased to release an update to Total Access Statistics for Microsoft Access 2010, 2007, and 2003. If you are an owner of version 14.0, 12.8, and 11.8 respectively, you can download the update at no charge.
Total Access Statistics is the most popular data analysis program for Microsoft Access. It extends the data analysis capabilities of Access queries to let you perform advanced numerical analysis on your data. Use any Access table, linked table, or query to perform calculations such as percentiles, regressions, frequency distributions, t-Tests, correlations, non-parametrics, rankings, moving averages, etc. It can also perform data normalization and let you select random records. As you would expect in a query, you can specify Group By fields so analysis is performed on each set of records with identical group fields. Total Access Statistics runs within Access with all output in Access tables. It supports MDB, ACCDB, and ADP databases.
The update includes these enhancements:
- Significant performance improvements when processing large numbers of records
- While analyzing records, a new status form appears with an option to cancel the process
- Setup program offers machine or current user installation options
- Resolves all known issues
For additional information, visit the Total Access Statistics Update page.
On December 11th, Microsoft released this security update (KB2753842): MS12-078: Windows OpenType Compact Font Format (CFF) driver.
This patch is causing certain programs to break. The Microsoft KB article acknowledges:
We are aware of issues related to OpenType Font (OTF) rendering in applications such as PowerPoint on affected versions of Windows that occur after this security update is applied. We are currently investigating these issues and will take appropriate action to address the known issues.
Well, it impacts more than PowerPoint. If your applications are suddenly experiencing failures, try removing this update to see if it makes a difference. It can be removed from the Control Panel, Add or Remove Programs, under Updates.
Here's a Microsoft thread about the issues people have encountered.
Here's another discussion from Utter Access that includes instructions for uninstalling the update.